This sample senario represents a typical router/CPE deployment with single (or dual) SIM as backup to primary WAN.
- Can use any type of WAN connection (eg. fiber, PPPoE, ISP ONT/modem)
- Can use SIM cards from same or different providers for LTE, both SIM can be active active at same time
- WAN is the primary, LTEs are used as backup.
Common use cases
- Enterprises requiring resilient WAN/Internet connection
- SD-WAN deployment for remote branches, retail outlets or bank ATM
- Bus Wi-Fi
- Connect HSA WAN to Internet (ISP link ONT or modem)
- Insert operator SIM cards into SIM slots
- Connect management PC to one of the LAN port (configure PC with DHCP, then connect to mbox GUI using http://192.168.1.1/mbox, login with root/Letmein99)
Sample config default settings
- the WAN port is pre-configured to get dhcp IP from ISP ONT/modem (or upstream router). If you need to change interface IP/route, please follow this guide.
- WAN port is the primary
- LTE SIMs are backup to WAN (active/active while WAN fails)
NOTE for older/used box
- upgrade your HSA box to firmware version 20181220-0100, and above (follow this guide to upgrade firmware